Term Dates 2018
This competency is associated with:
- A “can-do” attitude,
- Students seeing themselves as capable learners.
It is integral to self-assessment. Teachers and parents have a crucial role in helping children set manageable but challenging goals. It involves knowing what the next step in the learning journey will be. Good goal-setting requires careful planning.
Students who manage themselves:
- Are enterprising, resourceful, reliable, and resilient.
- Establish personal goals, make plans, manage projects, and set high standards.
- Have strategies for meeting challenges.
- Know when to lead, when to follow, and when and how to act independently.
At Otonga we help our children to evaluate their progress in this competency with indicators for:
- Time management
- Task management
- Goal setting
We believe that learning in this critical life skill should begin as early as possible - and that we are still learning as adults.