Term Dates 2022
Term 1 Thu 3 Feb - Thu 15 April
Term 2 Mon 2 May - Fri 8 July
Term 3 Mon 25 July - Fri 30 Sept
Term 4 Mon 17 Oct - Mon 19 Dec
Concerns and Complaints
This policy provides staff members, parents/caregivers/whānau and the wider school community with clear procedures for raising concerns and making complaints. Complaints may also come from members of the public.
Our concerns and complaints procedures enable us to:
- maintain a safe environment for our students and staff
- treat all people fairly and with dignity and respect
- resolve matters of concern early and at the lowest level, if possible
- respond to feedback and concerns constructively
- deal with complaints fairly, effectively, and in a timely manner
- take into account individual circumstances
- maintain privacy and confidentiality
- preserve and enhance school and community relationships
- check that solutions have been implemented and are working, including feeding back to the person who raised the issue where appropriate
- monitor and record concerns and complaints about student safety and wellbeing
- meet our legal and ethical obligations.
We encourage open communication and ask that you contact the school promptly when issues arise. If you have a concern, please let us know before sharing negative personal views online. In all instances, you may have a support person to help you raise a concern or make a complaint.
Most concerns can be resolved informally through discussions with the people involved – see Raising Concerns. If informal discussion doesn't resolve the issue, see Making a Formal Complaint or Serious Allegation.
For an overview of the process, see our Concerns and Complaints Process flowchart on SchoolDocs