Does Otonga School have an enrolment zone?

Yes Otonga School does  have an enrolment zone. 

How do I enrol my child?

Ring or e-mail the office to arrange for the enrolment forms to be collected or posted  to you, before your child’s birthday. Go to how to register your child for more information.

When does the school day begin?

It is important for your child to be settled in their class prior to the first  bell being rung.

The school day begins at 8.55am.

What stationery will my child require for school?

During the year, you can purchase your child’s stationery at the school office. They will inform you of costs and supply your requirements. At the beginning of the year, stationery can be purchased on line, through the school office or in town at Office Max.

How are the school fees paid?

We have eftpos available or alternatively they can be paid on line or in cash to the school office.  There are flexible payment options available that can be arranged through the school office. Please contact us on 348 6443.

Is there an afterschool care programme?

This is run independently in our school hall, Mondays to Fridays, 3pm – 5.30pm.

Contact Sharon on 027 4866 148

 If my child is sick or is unable to attend school?

Please notify the office by ringing, leaving a message on the school answer phone or emailing or using the school App. For safety reasons we follow up on children who are not present at school for the early morning marking of attendance.

How should I arrange for my child to be picked up from school I cannot be there?

School finishes at 3pm. In the first year, classroom teachers release the children individually or they wait by their classroom door. Teachers need to know everyday arrangements for your child and the person picking them up on a regular basis. The office needs to be told, or the classroom teacher if there has been a change. Any custody issues need to be discussed with the Principal, DP or AP.

How can I receive the school newsletters or notices?

Newsletters are emailed to you every Tuesday.  You can arrange alternative options through the office.

Who is the best person to see if there is a problem concerning my child at school?

The first person to see is the classroom teacher. If however, you need further assistance after this meeting, then you can next contact the Senior Teacher of the Year 1 team, then the Assistant Principal, Deputy Principal or Principal. We are all here to help.

Bell Times
8:55 To start class. We recommend arrival at 8:30 10:30 Morning tea for 20 minutes 12:30 Lunch for 1 hour 3:00 Finish school day...[enquire]