Term Dates 2018
Safe and Caring
Otonga School has a caring and nurturing environment that is demonstrated through a range of provisions:
- Positive relationships are nurtured through our Values programme.
- Walking School Bus routes promote healthy living and sustainable transport.
- Children's individual special needs are given close attention through remedial and extension programmes.
- Parents are welcomed into the school through the Ready Set Go programme.
- Peer mediators and duty teachers in the playground add to the level of emotional safety of children. They are also highly visable in fluorescent jackets.
- The friendship seat is a place to be rescued from being lost or lonely at break times.
- Sun safety is supported by the school through shaded areas, class sun block and the wearing of hats.
- Childrens concerns are actively addressed