Healthy Active Learning and Sport
We are a Healthy Active Learning School.
Healthy Active Learning is a joint government initiative between Sport NZ and the Ministries of Health and Education to improve the well-being of tamariki through healthy eating and drinking and quality physical activity.
What success looks like
- Schools understand and recognize the value of Health and Physical Education and the Hauora curriculum.
- Schools support and promote quality play, sports, and physical activity opportunities.
- Teachers are confident and capable of delivering the Health and Physical Education and Hauora curriculum.
- Schools support and promote a healthy food and drink environment.
- Schools make well-informed decisions when engaging with external providers.
- Schools are connected to their wider community, including whanau and local health and physical activity providers (Sport NZ).
Students are encouraged to participate in many individual and team sports during and after school.
The school has teams for netball, hockey, mini-ball, rip rugby, flipper ball, futsal, and cricket. Many of our students belong to Lakes Football Club. Each year we hold athletics and cross-country events, with children going on to represent the school at inter-school championships. There are many other events on the Central BOP Sports Calendar that we take part in. Some of these include RATS Duathlon, Top School, Gymnastics, Chess, Rippa Rugby, Tough Guy and Gal Competition, Tennis, Swimming, and many more.